Haven’t updated in a while, so here’s a short one:
– Graduated from Keuka with my Bachelor’s Degree.
– Got a job at Hillside Family of Agencies as a Youth Care Professional.
– Living on Otisco Lake until I can afford my own place/apartment.
– Still waiting on an agent for Noon.
– In truth, this is the happiest I’ve been in a long, long time. If I got a Lit. Agent… wow. I’d have the perfect life.
I started reading the Fifty Shades series and sadly just couldn’t get into it. Okay, it is pretty much a porno and those scenes aren’t all that boring. However, it’s the way the author writes that gets to me. She writes as if everything is ten years behind when the setting is current day. The normal scenes of the story just didn’t grab my attention. I guess this is just me being a bratty wanna-be-author.
Now I’m reading the YA Matched series by Allie Condie. It’s a mix of The Hunger Games and The Giver… and I love it. It’s easy to read and interesting – very futuristic with a romantic twist. That’s the kind of stuff I like to read.